Advanced, Comprehensive Sports Chiropractic Services from a Highly Experienced Professional
When it comes to regaining health or improving performance, one-size-fits-all solutions don't fit everyone well. And, when it comes to personalized chiropractic treatments, chronic pain management and rehab programs, Dr. Douglas Cancel is the most trusted name that stands out in Walnut Creek, CA. His mission is simple: to resolve musculoskeletal problems through advanced chiropractic techniques and individualized care. With his methods, he seeks to deliver the best possible results in the shortest period of time, and lowest total cost without sacrificing quality of care.
Here are the resolve musculoskeletal problems, among others, we successfully treat:
- Neck pain or stiffness
- Tension headache of muscular/mechanical origin
- Shoulder pain: rotator cuff or other functional problems involving muscles/tendons
- Tennis elbow and Golfers elbow
- Lower back pain
- Hip flexor tendinitis, bursitis, and/or myofascitis
- Hamstring and quadricep injuries
- Knee pain: runner’s knee, patellofemoral pain/stress syndrome, iliotibial band syndrome
- Shin splints
- Achilles tendie injuries arising from exercise or sports
- Plantar fasciitis
Depending on the clinical situation and the needs of each of our patients, our treatment methods include the following:
- Chiropractic Manipulation of the spine and extremities (CMT)
- Manual Therapies including Neuromuscular Re-Education (NMR), as developed by Glum, Horrigan, and Levy; Myofascial Release; Active Release; assisted stretching; as well as various systems of massage and soft-tissue evaluation/treatment including those promulgated by Cyriax, Maigne, Cailliet, Maitland, Chaitow, Rolf, and Hammer.
- Ancillary Therapies including hot/cold packs, diathermy, ultrasound, traction, electo-current stimulation, and the ‘Game Ready’ cryotherapy system.
- Diet and Nutritional Analysis – Instruction/Consulting that is grounded in healthy, food-based nutrition to gain strength, lose fat, promote healing, gain muscle, and to increase energy levels. We don’t just give you a menu. We provide an educational experience that informs people on how to carry out the best nutritional plan for themselves.
- Rehabilitative Exercise – Instruction and consulting focused on making weak points stronger, to maximally heal injured body parts, and to attain balanced strength/muscle development.
- Athletic Performance/Strength Training/Bodybuilding – Instruction and supervision for maximum recovery, personal training services for explosive strength, speed, and increased endurance. Consulting for contest preparation, sports events, movie or theatrical roles, home gym design, etc.
Why Choose Dr. Cancel as Your Walnut Creek Chiropractor?
Dr. Douglas Cancel is a highly experienced chiropractor who is committed to providing a full spectrum of treatments for a wide range of musculoskeletal injuries and pain problems involving the neck, back, spine, shoulders, and extremities, including bodybuilding injuries (or CrossFit injuries) and chronic pain associated with osteoarthritis, myofascitis, and fibromyalgia.
Dr. Cancel is dedicated to providing the same type of care given to elite, professional athletes to people from all walks of life.
If you need close, personalized attention, careful diagnosis and treatment that accurately targets your musculoskeletal problems, you can trust Dr. Cancel and Performance Sport Care. We can help make you better, healthier and stronger.
We serve the residents of Walnut Creek, CA, and the nearby communities of Concord, Pleasant Hill, Danville and Lafayette.
At Performance Sport Care, your chiropractic treatment is centered to your unique needs. Feel free to contact us at (925) 945-1155 or use our Request an Appointment form to schedule your consultation.